Cotija Mashed Potatoes are a great side for any type of meat or protein, but goes best with our recipe for Organic Fried Pork Loin Chops, FOUND HERE. These potatoes end up very creamy, almost on a runny side, which make them the perfect pairing for any type of crispy fried entree.
- 5 Golden Potatoes (organic, preferably)
- 3 sprigs of Organic Thyme
- 3 tablespoons of Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup of Ground Aged Hard Cotija Cheese (Mexican version of Parmesan Cheese. Parmesan can be used as a substitute)
- 1/4 cup of Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Boil potatoes in a large pot until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain boiled potatoes. Do not rinse the potatoes.
- Mash potatoes in the drained pot. (Use an immersion blender for extra smooth and creamy texture.
- Add [2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter]
- Add [3 tablespoons of Sour Cream]
- Add [2/3 cup of Ground Aged Hard Cotija Cheese]
- Add [Whole Milk]
- Add [Salt and Pepper to taste]
- Plate and garnish the mashed potatoes with [3 sprigs of Organic Thyme] off the stem or cross the stems over the potatoes.
This side dish is best served with our recipe for Organic Crispy Pork Loin Chops. Get this recipe HERE>