Many people today are suffering from high blood pressure, which is also known as hypertension. In the US alone, there are approximately 70 million adults who are diagnosed with this disease. More people are experiencing hypertension due to poor eating habits and instant food options available in the market. In order to prevent this, it is best to follow a healthy diet plan and do physical activities that can strengthen the heart. Below is a refreshing smoothie recipe that anyone can do to fight high blood pressure.
Ingredients For a Heart Healthy Smoothie
- Low-fat plain yogurt
- Skimmed milk
- Sliced and peeled ripe bananas
- Sliced and peeled kiwi
- Chopped strawberries
- Finely-ground flaxseed
How to Make High Blood Pressure Fighting Smoothies
1. Pour the skimmed milk and yogurt into the blender. You can adjust the amount of milk and yogurt depending on how many servings you wish to make. To ensure that your smoothie is creamy, pour equal parts of milk and yogurt into the blender.
2. Add the fruits and flaxseed into the milk and yogurt then blend until all the ingredients are well mixed.
3. You may also put garden cress to add more fiber into the smoothie, but it will taste just fine even if you don’t have it.
4. You can serve this smoothie as it is or chill it, especially if you’re serving it as refreshment.
Why is this smoothie good for people with hypertension?
This drink is rich in potassium and vitamin C, which are both good for the blood vessels. It also helps people detoxify their bodies and get rid of excess fats, which usually block the veins and triggers heart attacks. With healthy drinks, constant exercise and proper rest, those who have hypertension problems can feel better and prevent themselves from having other health complications such as fatty liver and kidney malfunction.
Is it enough to drink smoothies to prevent high blood pressure?
Drinking healthy smoothies is one way to prevent hypertension. Apart from that, it is vital to refrain from taking products with caffeine and eating foods that are high in cholesterol. Of course, there are other easy health remedies that you can try.
Follow The Family Dining Room for more helpful and informative articles for your home and lifestyle.